Oxbow Essentials Chinchilla Deluxe Chinchilla FoodQuality Cage Crafters
Feed your chinchilla a diet rich in farm-fresh alfalfa with Oxbow Essentials Chinchilla Deluxe Chinchilla Food. Like other herbivores, chinchillas require daily fiber found in hay to maintain a healthy digestive system. In fact, hay should make up 75 percent of their diet. Oxbow Essentials Chinchilla Deluxe Chinchilla Food is an alfalfa-based pellet that is specifically designed to meet the unique nutritional needs of chins. Along with succulent alfalfa, it contains a blend of stabilized nutrients including Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Vitamin B12 for overall health. Feed young chins under a year old an unlimited amount of pellets and pair with an unlimited supply of grass and alfalfa hay. Adult chins should be fed 1/8-1/4 cup along with unlimited grass hay. Alfalfa hay should only be fed as an occasional treat.
- Specially formulated to mirror a young chinchilla's natural diet. This will ensure that your pet lives a healthy lifestyle. Not recommended feed for adult chinchillas.
- Fortified with stabilized Vitamin C, A and B12. This helps ensure that your pet's health and immunity system are in tip-top shape.
- Includes high-fiber Alfalfa Meal that promotes healthy gastrointestinal health. Contains Higher levels of protein, calories and calcium than non-alfalfa based pellets
- Chinchillas are strict herbivores and a diet high in fiber is essential to maintaining a healthy digestive system.
- Essentials - Chinchilla Food uses farm-fresh alfalfa hay to provide the fiber content necessary to maintain intestinal health and prevent digestive upset.
I love this brand, I know my chinchillas will be getting the nutrients they need with oxbow food and their hay as well.
Can't say much other than that. Went with this just because of the macro nutrient profile and also my trust for the Oxbow brand name. My Chinchilla's are healthy, which I attribute to this and lots of love (and exercise too).
My chin loves this. She looks forward to me filling her bowl with this food every day.